Credits and Licensing
We are grateful and indebted towards many kind individuals, who contributed or let us use their work for our purposes.
Except for the material listed below, all of the text content is published under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License,
Copyright 2013 get GNU/Linux!
Most graphics on this website are either copied from or derived from the following sources, according to their respective copyright licenses:
- Background patterns by Subtle Patterns, CC BY-SA license.
- Small icons: set of Silk icons by Mark James, CC BY license.
- OpenClipart material, released under public domain:
- Material from the Tango set of icons, CC BY-SA license:
- Material from the GNOME "Human Theme", CC BY-SA license:
- Material from other sources, such as Wikimedia Commons (each followed by its license):
CC BY-SA; – GNU FDL; – public domain.
- Ubuntu and Fedora logos: in accordance with the respective trademark guidelines (Fedora, Ubuntu)
- gNewSense artwork: based on work by Dave Crossland, CC BY-SA, with special thanks.
- Trisquel logo: "Trisquel" and the Trisquel logo are registered trademarks owned by Rubén Rodríguez Pérez, GNU GPL.
- Page "favicon": From David Vignoni, GNU FDL license.
- The laptop image on the "Try or install" page used with permission from system76.com.
AstroFloyd, Johan Vervloet, and Tim Speetjens.
Anthony Verez, Bruno Bord, Bruno Ethvignot, Fabián Rodríguez, Joseph Maillardert, KIAaze, Laurent Richard, Loïs Di Qual, mauron, Amine Brikci-Nigassa, Olivier Cleynen, Stéphane Aulery, and Thiébaut Hillenweck.
Yaron Shahrabani and proofreading by Oren B.
Inspiration & reading
- A fair amount came from the Free Software Foundation. Verbatim copying or most FSF articles is allowed if notice is preserved.
Note that we bear no affiliation with the FSF - views expressed on our websites might not represent those of the FSF.
- The fallacy of DRM, an article by Tim Jackson (derivative use with permission);
- Trusted Computing, a video by Benjamin Stephan and Lutz Vogel, CC sampling plus license;
- Free Culture, a book by Lawrence Lessig, CC BY-NC license;
- Unbounded Freedom, a book by Rosemary Bechler, CC BY-NC-SA license;
Thank you to: